Thanks for checking out our New Zealand Natural Wonders North and South, hosted by me, Greg, your friendly neighborhood Musical Lafologist.
UPDATE, Dec. 22, 2016: This tour filled up in 6 days, but one couple just postponed due to a work conflict. So as of today we have space for 2 people on this departure. We also have a second identical tour to begin when this one ends (Feb 16). As of today, we have only two (2) spaces left on the 2nd tour. For information on that 2nd departure, please click here.
What You Can Expect:
- Incredible unspoiled scenery. These are some of the most diverse environments on earth, from beaches and rainforests, to mountains, lakes, glaciers and even volcanoes. Many of these different natural features can be visited on the same day.
- The people. New Zealanders are naturally warm and friendly, and are particularly hospitable to tourists. Every New Zealander I’ve ever met became an instant friend. They all seem to be great people, with a wonderful attitude about life.
- Fantastic climate. Although there are four distinct seasons in New Zealand there are not the extremes of hot and cold to be found in most other countries.
- Culture. New Zealand was inhabited by the local native people, the Maori, before the arrival of the Europeans in the 1700s. New Zealand today is a fascinating blend of cultures who mingle and thrive in a peaceful yet vibrant society.
- Safety. Crime is low in New Zealand and as a tourist you are unlikely to encounter problems. Furthermore, there are virtually no lethal creatures among New Zealand’s wildlife, so you can explore without concern for being bitten or eaten!
- Sheep. Not that this is a reason to go, but it brings up an interesting question. New Zealand has something like 40 million sheep. How did they ever stay awake to count them?
- Politics. The next US President will be sworn in sometime in late January. Depending on who you voted for, you may feel like getting away for awhile. (Okay that’s a joke. Don’t worry, we don’t get political on my trips.)
If you’ve never traveled with me, we’re positive, open-minded explorers who enjoy new experiences and new horizons. We enjoy getting to know each other, and the new people and places we visit. We make time for connecting with each other. Whenever possible, we sing, and tell jokes and stories. (I’ll have my guitar along, and share as many songs and stories as you can stand.)
Our one basic rule is: No Whining.
THE QUICK FACTS
When: Feb 2-18, 2017 (16 days, including travel) (This group is full. The 2nd identical tour begins on Feb 16 and returns on March 4.)
Where: New Zealand, both large islands
Who: Overseas Adventure Travel (5 star rating)
What: New Zealand Natural Wonders North and South
How Many: Our group is limited to 16 travelers, including me.
- Unforgettable adventure, incredible photos, videos, and memories to last a lifetime
- The dollar is strong
- February is summer in New Zealand
How Much: $4,895 plus airfare *
* There is no surcharge for single rooms. But the number of single rooms is limited to 5. First come, first served. (Bringing a friend is usually more fun anyway.)
* I did not find a better or even comparable price for a tour like this anywhere online. And OAT has a “Best Price Guarantee.” If you find a better price for a comparable tour, OAT will match it.
* Airfare options are many and flexible. The tour company will be happy to arrange airfare, or let you get your own, or even let you compare their best price with whatever you can find.
VISIT THE WEBSITE – IT’S EXCELLENT!
Videos, Detailed Itinerary, FAQs
This is the best travel company website I’ve seen. Watch videos of the exact same tour, the guides, see maps of the itinerary, read reviews, and get a day-by-day account of our activities. You can get all your questions answered about food, lodging, packing, and almost anything else you can think of by clicking the tabs on the left.
Note: the price quoted on the website says “starting from $4,295.” That’s $600 less than our tour, because the tour is priced differently in different seasons. That lower price is for a tour in the winter, when it’s COLD. (You don’t want that!)
Here’s the website: http://www.oattravel.com/nnz17
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE
Call OAT at this number: 800-597-2452, option 2.
When you make your reservation, mention “Service Code” G7-26633. (This points the agent to the GREG TAMBLYN’S NEW ZEALAND GROUP.)
Travel protection is highly recommended. It covers you for almost any reason you need to cancel, unforeseen emergencies, medical, baggage, etc.
- OAT has it, or you can obtain your own.
- Some credit cards have travel protection included, so check with your credit card company.
- Also, another travel insurance company has been highly recommended to me from a fellow group host. The prices are great, but it’s not as comprehensive:
Make sure you compare what is actually covered in different policies!
Overseas Adventure Travel can probably answer specific questions better than I can, but feel free to call me any time: 816-756-0069. If you get the voice mail, just leave your name, number, and I’ll get back to you asap. Or you can always email.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!
I’ll do everything I can to make sure you have the most wonderful, memorable adventure imaginable. If you’ve ever dreamed about going to New Zealand, I hope you’ll join me on this trip of a lifetime.
Feel free to leave your comments below. All questions will be answered. If you’ve never commented on this blog before, your comment will have to be approved (by me) before it is posted. But it will, as soon as I can.