NEW ZEALAND NATURAL WONDERS TOUR – PART 2

Thanks for checking out New Zealand Natural Wonders North and South, hosted by me, Greg, your friendly neighborhood musical lafologist.

This page is for a second tour to begin immediately after the first one ends. The first one filled up in 6 days (!) and some folks were disappointed not to get in. All the particulars for this 2nd tour are below – it’s identical to the first tour except for the dates.

UPDATE: As of November 17, we have space for 3 merry travelers, including (amazingly) two single rooms. If you’d like to join us, please don’t hesitate to call OAT and sign up. You MUST mention my group number. Please see below for info.

New Zealand is a spectacularly fun and beautiful place that almost everyone wants to visit, but sadly, few people take the time.

What You Can Expect:

1. Incredible unspoiled scenery. These are some of the most diverse environments on earth, from beaches and rainforests, to mountains, lakes, glaciers and even volcanoes. Many of these different natural features can be visited on the same day.
  2. The people. New Zealanders are naturally warm and friendly, and are particularly hospitable to tourists. Every New Zealander I’ve ever met became an instant friend. They all seem to be great people, with a wonderful attitude about life.
  3. Fantastic climate. Although there are four distinct seasons in New Zealand there are not the extremes of hot and cold to be found in most other countries.
  4. Culture. New Zealand was inhabited by the local native people, the Maori, before the arrival of the Europeans in the 1700s. New Zealand today is a fascinating blend of cultures who mingle and thrive in a peaceful yet vibrant society.
  5. Safety. Crime is low in New Zealand and as a tourist you are unlikely to encounter problems. Furthermore, there are virtually no lethal creatures among New Zealand’s wildlife, so you can explore without concern for being bitten or eaten!
  6. Sheep. Not that this is a reason to go, but it brings up an interesting question. New Zealand has something like 40 million sheep. How did they ever stay awake to count them?
  7. Politics. The next US President will be sworn in sometime in late January. Depending on who you voted for, you may feel like getting away for awhile. (Okay that’s a joke. Don’t worry, we don’t get political on my trips.)

If you’ve never traveled with me, we’re positive, open-minded explorers who enjoy new experiences and new horizons. We enjoy getting to know each other, and the new people and places we visit. We make time for connecting with each other. Whenever possible, we sing, and tell jokes and stories. (I’ll have my guitar along, and share as many songs and stories as you can stand.)

Our one basic rule is: No Whining.

THE QUICK FACTS

When: Feb 16 – March 4, 2017 (16 days, including travel)
Where: New Zealand, both large islands
Who: Overseas Adventure Travel (5 star rating)
What: New Zealand Natural Wonders North and South

How Many: Our group is limited to 16 travelers, including me.

Why Now:

• Unforgettable adventure, incredible photos, videos, and memories to last a lifetime
  • The dollar is strong
  • February is summer in New Zealand

How Much: $4,895 plus airfare *

* There is no surcharge for single rooms. But the number of single rooms is limited to 5. First come, first served. (Bringing a friend is usually more fun anyway.)

* I did not find a better price for a tour like this anywhere online. And OAT has a “Best Price Guarantee.” If you find a better price for a comparable tour, OAT will match it.

* Airfare options are many and flexible. The tour company will be happy to arrange airfare, or let you get your own, or even let you compare their best price with whatever you can find.

VISIT THE WEBSITE – IT’S EXCELLENT!
Videos, Detailed Itinerary, FAQs

This is the best travel company website I’ve seen. Watch videos of the exact same tour, the guides, see maps of the itinerary, read reviews, and get a day-by-day account of our activities. You can get all your questions answered about food, lodging, packing, and almost anything else you can think of by clicking the tabs on the left.

Note: the price quoted on the website says “starting from $4,295.” That’s $600 less than our tour, because the tour is priced differently in different seasons. That lower price is for a tour in the winter, when it’s COLD. (You don’t want that!)

Here’s the website: http://www.oattravel.com/nnz17

When you officially sign up with OAT, all you need is a $350 deposit to reserve your space.

HOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE

Call OAT at this number: 800-597-2452, option 2.
When you make your reservation, mention “Service Code” G7-26633. (This points the agent to the GREG TAMBLYN’S NEW ZEALAND GROUP.)

TRAVEL PROTECTION

Travel protection is highly recommended. It covers you for almost any reason you need to cancel, unforeseen emergencies, medical, baggage, etc.

- OAT has it, or you can obtain your own.
- Some credit cards have travel protection included, so check with your credit card company.
- Also, another travel insurance company has been highly recommended to me from a fellow group host. Their prices are a bit lower, but it’s not as comprehensive:

Make sure you compare what is actually covered in different policies!

QUESTIONS?

Overseas Adventure Travel can probably answer specific questions better than I can, but feel free to call me any time: 816-756-0069. If you get the voice mail, just leave your name, number, and I’ll get back to you asap. Or you can always email.

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!

I’ll do everything I can to make sure you have the most wonderful, memorable adventure imaginable. If you’ve ever dreamed about going to New Zealand, I hope you’ll join me on this trip of a lifetime.

Thanks!
- Greg

Feel free to leave your comments below. All questions will be answered. If you’ve never commented on this blog before, your comment will have to be approved (by me) before it is posted. But it will, as soon as I can. I will reply to all comments.

This entry was posted in UP. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to NEW ZEALAND NATURAL WONDERS TOUR – PART 2

1. Ella Toombs says:

I am interested tin the trip for sure probably a single occupancy at this point but can seek others.

ready to roll.

Ella

2. Norma L.Boyer says:

Yes would like to go and would like a single room if possible. Would be interested also in the trip extension.

Norma

3. Beth says:

Greg, it’s so cool. I can’t commit now. It’ll probably fill up fast. Great adventure I hope to be part of! Guess we’ll see. It’s a dream for me, hope it comes true.

4. Karen Hanshaw says:

I am very interested and will bring at least one other person,maybe 2 others. I need this awesome trip.

5. Melanie says:

I so want to do this! If I don’t get my husband’s passport on time, he can take care of the kids and I am open to a roomie. I only ask that I be allowed to sleep with a fan on. That is my only whine – I’ll start saving now!

6. mary maynard says:

def interested. How much extra for the guy with the fan?

• admin says:

Depends on his age, stamina, and looks. :)
      Mary, we could be close to full with the number of people interested, so if you’d like to make sure, please call OAT soon.
      Fantastic that you want to join us!
      - Greg

7. Jo-Ellen says:

I would love to go… always wanted to visit New Zealand. Maybe next time…in the meantime I’ll start saving my pennies. Have a wonderful time. Hope that you will visit us again sometime here at Unity of Central Massachusetts.
    Peace, Love, Prayers, and Blessings

8. Diana Kelley says:

I am interested in going in February what do I need to do?

• admin says:

Hi Diana,

Just call OAT at the number above, give them the group number (also above), and they’ll take your deposit, answer any questions, and get you registered!

- Greg

9. Sondra von gyllenband says:

Greg, I am interested. So is my mom who is 95. Do you think she could make it? She travels well but needs a wheelchair if it’s a long distance.

Sondra von Gyllenband
    409 504 5099

• admin says:

Sondra Darlin’
      It would be great to have you along! As for your mom, I doubt this is the trip for a 95-year-old. There’s a bit of hiking involved, so she might have to wait in the vehicle if it’s too far for her. I suggest you read the day-by-day itinerary on the OAT website (link above) which will give you more specifics.

Let me know if I can be helpful,
      Greg

10. Hi /Greg…I am interested…but I can’t sit for long periods so I”m concerned about the number of hours flying…do you have a tally? Is there some way I could lie down or do a little yoga on the plane? I flew to Melbourne in 2003 on United…not so bad. We could walk around, and there were lots of movies, and spaces as I recall. I would also be interested in the trip after to Great Barrier Reef, etc. And I know it would be a wonderful, positive group…
    Donna V from Auburn CA

• admin says:

Hi Donna, thanks for your interest! I think the flight from LA is about 11 hours, shorter than your flight to Melbourne so you should be okay. All the trans-Pacific flights are on big planes, so at a minimum there should be space to walk around and stretch. Plenty of movies, too.

Let me know if you have more questions,
      Greg

11. Daisy (Catherine) Rose says:

I’m in! For the whole shebang! Feb 16 – Mar 10!
    Yay!

12. Joy-See Gotfredson says:

Hi Greg I have always wanted to go to New Zealand. Have a few questions: do you still have space for a single ? – is it the same price as a double? what is the time and date we leave from LA and return to LA just doing the New Zealand part? what are the modes of transportation once there – I assume air conditioned motor coaches with porta pot on the bus for emergencies? boats – what sizes? trains? air flights? and lots of foot movement LOL I am 83 years old, still healthy and active but going at a slower pace but full of fun and music galore. What would you say is the pace the group will go at? Also, please tell me about the accommodations – are we in a different hotel pretty much every day and how many of those days do we get going early in the morning – an early brd I am not so that is where it might not work so well for me. What say you? Thanks. Joy-See PS Just the fact that you are a lafologist or is that laughologist makes me laugh.

• admin says:

Hi Joy-See,
      Wow – lots of questions! Best thing is for you to call me at the number above in the blog post and we can chat at length.
      Thanks,
      Greg

13. Joy-See Gotfredson says:

Hi Greg God surely does work in wonderful ways! It is no accident that I told you about Rev. Pipe and my great joy in using one of her CD’s “Touching the Stillness”for the past three years and how excited I am about the Prayer Retreat with her at Unity Village Sept. 4 – 9 along with the 16 people going from Blair’s church here in San Diego.
    I would be thrilled to room with her on the New Zealand trip and have just written to her a little bit about myself and ask her if she wants to take that last room (if her answer is yes I will make the deposit pronto). I have also offered to pay part of her cost for the trip. Here is her website http://www.touchingthestillness.com – read and enjoy. She is an Amazing lady and you should be greatly honored to have her with us on the trip. God is GOOD! Love in The Christ, Joy-See

14. admin says:

Joy-See, that is incredibly generous of you. I hope it works out!

Thanks,
    Greg

15. Jennifer Parker says:

Does this New Zealand trip still have open spots? If so, how many?