Thanks for checking out our African Safari Adventure!
As it happens, one of my best friends, a very discriminating attorney, took this exact same tour last year. He described it as “the trip of a lifetime,” and something he absolutely plans to do again.
Here are just a few of the things he raved about:
- Almost every kind of wildlife you can imagine: lions, zebras, giraffes, elephants, wildebeest, hippos, even cheetahs, leopards, and rhinos which are hard to see
- The people, like Masai villagers who welcomed them into their humble huts, danced for them, offered handmade silver jewelry at absurdly low prices
- The totally black night sky – millions of stars
- The food, all included and very tasty (no grasshoppers, e.g.)
- The accommodations, some nights in lodges, some nights in luxury private tents (real beds, bathrooms, hot water)
- The friendly, entertaining, knowledgable, helpful guides
- The tour company, very accommodating and easy to work with
If you’ve never traveled with me, we’re progressive, open-minded explorers who enjoy new experiences and new horizons. We enjoy getting to know each other, and the new people and places we visit. We make time for connecting with each other. On this tour, for example, we’ll be sightseeing during the day. At night, we’ll relax around a campfire where we’ll sing and share stories. (I’ll have my guitar along, and share as many songs and stories as you can stand.)
Our one basic rule is: No Whining.
THE QUICK FACTS
When: Jan 26 – Feb 8, 2016 (12 days, including travel)
Where: Tanzania, Africa
Who: Overseas Adventure Travel (5 star rating)
What: Safari Serengeti Tour (5 star rating)
- Unforgettable adventure, incredible photos, videos, and memories to last a lifetime
- The dollar is strong
- Average price increase for African Safaris is $200/year!
- Some species, unfortunately, are getting scarce
- January is warm (76 deg), low rainfall, little foliage, much easier to see animals
How Much: $3,595 plus airfare *
* I did not find a better or even comparable price for a tour like this anywhere online. You’ll receive a $100 rebate if you’re a first-time traveler with OAT. Airfare options are many and flexible. The tour company will be happy to arrange airfare, or let you get your own, or even let you compare their best price with whatever you can find.
- Group size limited to 18, maximum (including me)
VISIT THE WEBSITE – IT’S EXCELLENT!
VIDEOS, BROCHURE, FAQs
This is the best travel company website I’ve seen. Watch videos of the exact same tour, the guides, see maps of the itinerary, read reviews, and get a day-by-day account of our activities. You can get all your questions answered about food, lodging, packing, and almost anything else you can think of by clicking the tabs on the left.
You can even download a free Travel Handbook with all kinds of valuable info. (Click “What To Know” on the left, then click “DOWNLOAD THE TRAVEL BOOKLET”)
Note: the price quoted on the website says “starting from $3,495.” That’s $100 less than our tour, because this tour is priced differently in different seasons. That slightly lower price is for a tour in the rainy season. (You don’t want that!) Remember, you’ll get a $100 rebate if you’re a first time traveler with OAT.
Here’s the website: http://www.oattravel.com/UNX16
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT
You’ll see the phone number on the website: 800-955-1925.
When you call, mention “Service Code” G6-26633 (this points the agent to the GREG TAMBLYN’S AFRICAN SAFARI GROUP) to make a reservation.
If you’re a first-time traveler with OAT, tell them that.
Travel protection is highly recommended. It covers you for almost any reason you need to cancel, unforeseen emergencies, medical, baggage, etc.
- OAT has it, or you can obtain your own.
- Some credit cards have travel protection included, so check with your credit card company.
- Also, another travel insurance company has been highly recommended to me from a fellow group host, and its prices are great:
Make sure you compare what is actually covered in different policies.
The tour company can probably answer specific questions better than I can, but feel free to call me any time: 816-756-0069. If you get the voice mail, just leave your name, number, and I’ll get back to you asap.
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!
I’ll do everything I can to make sure you have the most wonderful, memorable adventure imaginable. If you’ve ever dreamed about going to Africa, I hope you’ll join me on this trip of a lifetime.
NOTE: Check out the comments below from other friends who have done this tour and recommend it!